here we go!
I'm heading to South Africa TOMORROW!!! (When I say that out loud, it actually has about 1000 exclamation points after it.)
For anyone who doesn't know, I am taking a class through school about the lingering sociopolitical effects of apartheid throughout South Africa. In addition to learning about its impact on all aspects of society there, nine other students and I are visiting Johannesburg and Cape Town for the next two weeks to meet political figures, attend lectures, do some volunteering, and do tons of sightseeing as well!
Our agenda is packed full of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, and I am really looking forward to sharing pictures and experiences of my trip! I'll try to update this blog in detail every day or two so you can follow me around South Africa :)
Be sure to leave me a note too. I think I've set it up so that anyone can leave a comment, and I'd love to hear from you.
I can't wait to share stories with you all!!
P.S.: Credit for the title of this blog goes to Karl. What a guy!
For anyone who doesn't know, I am taking a class through school about the lingering sociopolitical effects of apartheid throughout South Africa. In addition to learning about its impact on all aspects of society there, nine other students and I are visiting Johannesburg and Cape Town for the next two weeks to meet political figures, attend lectures, do some volunteering, and do tons of sightseeing as well!
Our agenda is packed full of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, and I am really looking forward to sharing pictures and experiences of my trip! I'll try to update this blog in detail every day or two so you can follow me around South Africa :)
Be sure to leave me a note too. I think I've set it up so that anyone can leave a comment, and I'd love to hear from you.
I can't wait to share stories with you all!!
P.S.: Credit for the title of this blog goes to Karl. What a guy!
Comments
Post a Comment